Counseling for Couples
All couples fight. This is a fact. But how you fight and how you grow and learn about one another is what sets the divorced couples apart from the ones who enjoy long, happy relationships and marriages. Utilizing the best research backed methods including Emotionally Focused Therapy and the Gottman Method, our couple counselors can help you through the darkest times and will lead you through how to reconnect, restore trust and intimacy, and heal from pain and trauma.
Couples therapy helps couples at all stages from pre-marital (dating stage) to married, married with kids, empty nesters and more. Our couple therapists work with LGBTQ+ and heterosexual couples and understand the unique struggles of being in a marginalized population fighting an uphill battle against a hostile world that is not designed to accommodate your unique family. Let our couple counselors walk beside you through conflict resolution, infidelity recovery, co-parenting concerns and more to lead you into a new, happier, healthier phase of your relationship. You deserve this!
Couples Therapy Self-Test
Ask yourself these questions to determine if it’s time to seek professional help for your relationship. And don’t forget…therapy is still cheaper than divorce!
It may be time for help when:
- You and your partner are stuck on the same issues – time and time again.
- You and your partner are fighting more often or fights are becoming more hostile.
- You think or know one of you has had an affair or is thinking of having an affair.
- One (or both) of you wants out of the relationship.
- You wonder if you really love your partner any more or if your partner loves you.
- Either of you thinks you are not having sex often enough or it isn’t fulfilling or fun
- Your fights are escalating and you’re afraid they will get out of control.
- You feel like you can’t do or say anything right anymore without your partner getting angry, hurt or defensive.
- You feel like you are walking on eggshells when your partner is around.
- You can’t honestly communicate about what’s bothering you.
- You would rather be alone than together.
What can I get from couples therapy that I cannot do by myself?
Couples therapy is a way to open the pathways for effective communication so that even on hot topics that normally escalate into a big fight can be handled with love and respect.
Your couple’s therapist can help you to:
- Get past defensiveness and stonewalling by learning better communications skills
- Reduce your anger and resentment so you can rebuild trust
- Strengthen your friendship and admiration for one another by finding shared meaning again
- Deepen your love connection and emotional intimacy
- Be closer and more attentive to each other’s needs
- Rekindle the romance and reignite your sexual connection
- And so much more!